Periods of courses
We offer courses of 3, 5 or 8 months. You can start in January, February/March and September.
- 3 months: 17. Sep. - 16 Dec. 2017 (13 weeks)
- 5 months: 17. Sep. 2017 - 3. March 2018 (21 weeks)
- 8 months: 17. Sep. 2017 - 2. June 2018 (34 weeks)
- 5 months: 7. Jan. - 2. June 2018 (21 weeks)
- 3 months: 4. March - 2. June 2018 (13 weeks)
There are many practical and economical questions, you would like to know before you start or decide to start: How much does it cost and are there any possibilities of grants?
The fee at Vestjyllands Højskole is DKK 4980/Euro app. 670, - per month (4 weeks).
How do I enroll? Please contact us by phone or e-mail and we will forward you an enrollment form.
Fees and grants
School fee per week: DKK 1245, - (app. 170 Euro)
Extra for your own bath/toilet: DKK 125,- (app. 17 Euro)
Extra for single room: DKK 125,- (app. 17 Euro)
Enrolment fee: DKK 1000 (app. 135 Euro)
Extra for solo lessons per week: DKK 200 (app. 30 Euro)
If you stop before the end of course, you have to pay for the current month plus the following.
Furthermore, there will be expenses for:
Trip to Hungary in November: DKK 1400 (app. 190 euro). This is for all students and is compulsory.
Expenses for educational material, which is to be settled by the end of the course: Between DKK 200 and 800 (between app. 28 and 110 euro) depending on your subjects.
Valuable experiences do not have to be expensive – therefore it is really worth choosing Vestjyllands Højskole!
For students from Norway, Sweden, Finland and Faroe Island there are possibilities to apply for financial support, but you have to do it yourself. See here for more information:
For students from other countries please contact us to see if there are any possibilities.
The rules at Vestjyllands Højskole
Beside of good behavior and careness for each other, we have three clear rules:
1. You are obliged to follow the lessons on your schedule
2. You are not allowed to use or be in the possession of narcotics
3. You are not allowed to misuse alcohol
If you decide to leave before the end of course, you have to pay for the rest of the month plus the following month.
You are always welcome to contact us:
6950 Ringkøbing, Denmark
Phone.: (+45) 96 753 777,
konto nr.: 7670 - 2027873
In the middle of the nature, there is a small unique place called Vestjyllands Højskole. We are situated south of Ringkøbing, with the view to the fjord. On a clear day you can even see beyond Holmsland Klit all the way to the North Sea. If travel by public transport, we have good connections to Ringkøbing.
- X-bus from Aarhus via Silkeborg and Herning 7-10 times a day
- Trains between Esbjerg and Struer every hour
- If you arrive from Copenhagen, you can take the train to Ringkøbing with stop in Esbjerg or in Herning
- If you arrive by plane to Billund, you can take a bus to Esbjerg and go by train to Ringkøbing